Panhandle Public Library Cooperative System
Serving the residents and visitors of Calhoun, Holmes, and Jackson counties!
About the Panhandle Public Library Cooperative
The Panhandle Public Library Cooperative System (PPLCS), a Florida Special District, was established in October 1992, under Florida Statutes Title XVIII Chapter 257.171 and 257.40-42, as the administrative office for the multi-county library cooperative system comprised of Calhoun, Holmes, and Jackson counties. PPLCS operates under the Uniform Special District Accountability Act, Title XIII Chapter 189, Florida Statutes and is funded under the provisions of the State Aid to Libraries Grant program, which is administered by the Florida Department of State’s Division of Library and Information Services.
PPLCS serves over 109,890 residents with a combined collection of approximately 200,000 items in its multi-county libraries.
The Library Directors’ Committee meetings are held once a month on the second Wednesday at 9:30 am at the PPLCS Office.
PPLCS Board meetings are held once a month on the third Wednesday at 10:00 am at the PPLCS Office.
Meetings and Financial Reports
Policies & Planning
2019 Agendas, Minutes AND MEETING PACKETS
November, 2019 Meeting cancelled
2018 Agendas and Minutes
October: Meeting cancelled b/c of Hurricane Michael
November: Meeting cancelled b/c of Hurricane Michael
Current Chair, David E. Corbin
David E. Corbin is a resident of Jackson County and has served on the PPLCS Board for seven years, the last five as Board Chair. He is currently the County Projects Director for the Holmes County BOCC and prior to that was County Director of the Washington County BOCC. He is married and has one daughter and two grandchildren.
- David E. Corbin, Chair, Jackson County (2013)
- Ruth Attaway Vice Chair, Calhoun County (2014)
- Rita Maupin, Calhoun County Library Director (1992)
- Becky Marsh, Holmes County Library Director (2019)
- Deborah Hynes, Jackson County Library Director (2014)
- Vicki Montford, Calhoun County (2016)
- Monette French, Holmes County (2018)
- Wayne Bryant, Jackson County (2019)
- Betty Treadwell, Holmes County (2018)
- Mary Balint, Administrator
- Cynthia De La Hunt, Executive Secretary